- Which state has no tribal population in India?
- Who comes under Scheduled Tribes?
- Which is largest caste in India?
- Which is the second largest tribe in India?
- Which state has the least tribal population?
- Which state has highest number of scheduled tribes?
- Which is largest tribe of India?
- Which is the largest tribe in Uttar Pradesh?
- Which state has highest SC population in India?
Which state has no tribal population in India?
Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh.
There is no ST population in 3 States (Delhi NCR, Punjab and Haryana) and 2 UTs (Puducherry and Chandigarh), as no Scheduled Tribe is notified..
Who comes under Scheduled Tribes?
KarnatakaAdiyan.Barda.Bavacha, Bamcha.Bhil, Bhil Garasia, Dholi Bhil, Dungri Bhil, Dungri Garasia, Mewasi Bhil, Rawal Bhil, Tadvi Bhil, Bhagalia, Bhilala, Pawra, Vasava, Vasave.Chenchu, Chenchwar.Chodhara.Dubla, Talavia, Halpati.Gamit, Gamta, Gavit, Mavchi, Padvi, Valvi.More items…
Which is largest caste in India?
The formation of these groups is a result of the historical social structure of the country. As of 2019, Other Backward Class (OBC) constituted the largest part of the Indian population accounting for more than 40 percent.
Which is the second largest tribe in India?
According to the 2011 Census of India, Bhil is the most populours tribe with a total population of 4,618,068, constituting 37.7 per cent of the total ST population. Gond is the second largest tribe, with a population of 4,357,918 constituting 35.6 per cent.
Which state has the least tribal population?
MeghalayaMadhya Pradesh has the highest Scheduled Tribe population (14.7 per cent). Meghalaya has the lowest (2.5 per cent).
Which state has highest number of scheduled tribes?
Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes PopulationScheduled CastesState with highest proportion of Scheduled CastesPunjab ( 28.9 %)Scheduled TribesState with highest proportion of Scheduled TribesMizoram ( 94.5 % )State with lowest proportion of Scheduled TribesGoa (0.04 %)9 more rows
Which is largest tribe of India?
The Santhal are the largest and one of the oldest tribes in India, They are spread across Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha and West Bengal.
Which is the largest tribe in Uttar Pradesh?
3. Out of five STs, Tharu is the most populous tribe, having a population of 83,544; they constitute 77.4 per cent of the total tribal population of the State. Buksa is the second major tribe, having a number of 4,367, followed by Bhotia, Jaunsari and Raji.
Which state has highest SC population in India?
Uttar PradeshUttar Pradesh (35,148,377) has the largest Scheduled Caste population, followed by West Bengal (18,452,555) and Bihar (13,048,608).